Friday, March 23, 2012

Coming into her own

It has been really fun to watch Katy's personality emerge.  There are traits we have already seen that have strengthened but there are also new traits emerging.   A new one we are seeing is drama.  It has it's not so fun side.  She can be the damsel in distress with a fixed waist that just won't bend to pick something up as she whines, "I can't do it". But generally, it's fascinating to watch her play with it.    Katy really likes "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe".  When she first started, it went like this, "Eeny, miny, moe.  Tiga by the toe, holla let em go, eeny miny moe".  It has developed since then but it's one of those things that makes me smile every time I hear it.  We were playing one day when she said it.  I wanted to get it on video and here is what unfolded when I asked her to do it again.  
Another day we played a subdued sort of peek a boo.  I'm in the living room with my camera and she is on the other side of the staircase.  She rolled back and forth out of sight with a new expression each time.

Katy has now declared she's not a baby anymore.  She is a big kid.  Her declaration came with her decision to give up diapers.  And that was it.  She takes care of it all on her own.  Her independence in it has amazed me.  And it's lead to a shift in seeing herself as the same or at least close to Aly.   As I'm sure it is with all younger siblings it's lead to some struggles when her little legs just won't carry her as fast.  But she's no longer sitting in the stroller watching; she's out there trying her hardest to keep up with a big sister who loves to race. 
"Wait for me!"


Daddy helps by running a race (grapevine) that she can win



Her new found independence has left her wanting to help with everything and better yet, to do it by herself.  




No comments: