Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My girls' weekend to NJ and NY

I went on a girl's weekend in August with some women in our neighborhood.  The impetus for the trip was an Eminem/Rhianna concert.  I wasn't especially a fan of either but decided to go for the company.  Greg and the kids dropped me off in NY on our way home from PA.  

Meeting up with the ladies.  Nancy was our fearless driver through the streets of NYC!


We had a delicious dinner in the city at Supper, an Italian restaurant, and then headed across town to
Rockefeller Center.  We finished the evening with dessert at Ayza.


 Me and Karen, bottom left.  Nancy, Gianne, Jen, Sarah, and Christy

Sunday afternoon we went to a park in NJ with tours to Ellis Island.  There is an old rail station that would receive immigrants from Ellis Island.  The rail station was damaged during Hurricane Sandy and was still under reconstruction.



NJ 9/11 Memorial



 Sunday evening was the concert at the Met Life center.  I had a lot of anxiety leading up to the concert but ended up having a blast.




No comments: