Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Winter Break

It's much easier to post about winter now that it is finally over.  It was a long, long winter this year.  We still have a little bit of snow in our backyard but it will be gone within the week.

Greg had an inspirational work trip to Vegas over winter break.    I was going to stay home with the kids and enjoy the lack of schedule.  But as it approached and the prospect of many friends being gone doing things like Disneyland, I decided to drum up some excitement.  So the kids and headed to PA.  We kicked off the week by meeting Grandmom and Granddad at the Crayola Factory.  And then the stomach bug hit.  It put a damper on the week though there was still fun to be had.  The cousins didn't get much playtime but fortunately, everyone was well enough by the last day to go see Nate, Cortney and Addy's new house and enjoy a meal together!  (And I was grateful to not have to weather a stomach bug alone!)

I only took pictures at the Crayola Factory:
The kids got to create there own label for a crayon.  

There were numerous iPads where the kids could create art and have it projected on the wall.  Here's Aly and Grandmom with her space creature. 

Evan hard at work on his creation

Evan's blue rocket

Katy's green and pink space ship is in the lower right corner

The kids could take a picture of themselves to make their own picture to color.  Evan apparently figured this all out on his own!


Aly and Granddad working with Model Magic


Evan too

And Katy and Grandmom


I don't remember exactly where this picture was taken.  But Evan did a lot of sleeping though things.  He slept through a visit to a science museum and a bouncy play place!  


No comments: