Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween

We headed to Carter's costume birthday party in the morning. Katy was excited about her tinkerbell costume for about 1o minutes before we left. That ended up being the only time she wore it that morning and I didn't get a picture. For the evening we went with the ladybug again for the warmth factor! Aly was bouncing off the walls excited (wasn't getting much sleep all week in anticipation!). Katy was excited too but I'm not sure that she got what was going on. Katy made it to two houses that both had dogs and really scared her. So she came home and passed out candy with me. Aly hit all the houses in our neighborhood.




Aly has really been into Mickey Mouse lately and was really excited for her costume.
Aly had a party and costume parade at school. The kids sang a couple Halloween songs for the parents.

Last week, we made and decorated Halloween cookies. Yum!
Uh-oh, Katy's cookie broke. Katy has a hard time with her food (bread, crackers) breaking while she's trying to eat. But somehow I thought the excitement of a cookie would override the disappointment that it was broken. "It's broken""It's broken""It's broken"Aly and I both tried numerous things to try to distract her or convince her she still had a yummy cookie to eat. Aly finally had the magic touch by holding the cookie together while Katy ate it. I didn't quite capture the loving looks that Katy was giving Aly but it was so sweet. They are starting to fight more lately but they are also starting to show a lot more affection for each other which is so fun to watch.

No comments: